Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Where would we be!?!

Yesterday my kitchen sink started acting funny so I called my handy man. He said he wont be able to examine the pipes until Saturday. Being 65 years-old, he is a self-employed man, and have been doing these blue collar work for a long time. He used to bring his nephew alone, but he let him go a couple of years back, saying he was slowing him down, yet the nephew was in his early forties. Yet, at his age (65) he is still sharp as a whistle. So as I watch the news and these debates about "Class Warfare" I wonder where he would be if he was much younger and was working for someone else instead of himself. The media talks about the 1% against the 99.99% or Herman Cain nine, nine, nine plan, and all I can think about is where would we be if we didn't have Blue-collar workers, better yet, working class people period. We have these perceptions of the working class people but who do you called when your having trouble with your plumbing?

No comments:

Post a Comment