Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Not so Scary Movie

The spoof about the Star Wars movie immediately brought back my memory to my favorite spoofs of movies which was Scary Movie. These movies were just like the spoofs of Star Wars and incorporated many different horror movies into this funny film. I bring this up because there has been numerous Scary Movie films and not to mention others just like it. But to go even further back into the past, certain movies which also tend to be my favorite, and if anyone else has seen before, are Mel Brooks spoof movies. Some of these movies such as Robin Hood Men In Tights, and my absolute favorite High Anxiety have all consisted of the same things. Making fun of movies is what gets fans interested in watching films such as these. Even the movie Airplane was a spoof movie, and might I add a classic.

One other thing that comes to mind about media convergence though, is Itunes. Before the only way you could watch a TV show was by actually watching television. You could only listen to songs by actually listening to the radio, or buying a CD. Itunes has converged all of this, TV shows, movies, music, CD's, and even your phone onto one website. We can access all of this on one website now. Crazy huh? I can't wait to see what technology will be like when I have children. This process is changing faster and faster, and whether we like it or not we are going to have to catch up on get on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment