Monday, November 14, 2011

Mary-Kate and Ashley

This talk about celebrity got me wondering about how I feel about celebrities. When I was younger I remember buying everything that Mary-Kate and Ashley made or wore themselves. We never really talked about how children become obsessed with celebrities. One reason may be because they become obsessed with everything that is cool, but I wondered if that is why even adults become so celebrity-obsessed. I work at a store that sells fragrance and the item I’ve been seeing bought the most is the new Justin Bieber perfume and the new Taylor Swift perfume. I’ve smelled both, and they do not smell like anything great. This may not be the case for every purchaser, but I assume that most purchasers are buying these products because of the people who are on the box. I know I used to make my parents buy me the Mary-Kate and Ashley anything!
Today, I wouldn’t buy any Mary-Kate and Ashley products just because their names or faces are on it, but I wouldn’t really buy any product just because someone’s face is on it. So, being celebrity-obsessed at a young age didn’t make me into a celebrity-obsessed adult, but I do read magazines that talk about celebrities. I also “like” celebrity pages on Facebook or add them on Twitter. It’s just so easy to press a button.

No comments:

Post a Comment