Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thinking Back

Thinking back over my personal experience with celebrities, I was never really much one to get excited over them. Yes I would jump up and down in excitement whenever we would start watching an Olsen twin movie that I hadnt seen yet but other than that I didn't care for them. I listened to boy band music back in elementary but I never knew their names or cared about their personal lives. Even as a teenager I would listen to rock music and it would only be the groups I cared most about would I know their history, names, etc. To this day Escape The Fate is the group I know most about. And it's not because I'm not a fan of the group, it's just because I'm not obsessed with them. To me there are more important things to live than to waste my life on obsessing over a strangers. Do I go nuts everytime I'm at a concert? Yes. Do I have posters up all over my room dreaming that they're watching me while I sleep like a creepy stalker? (Twilight reference joke) No.
And two of my best friends are the opposite of me. One is a huge Kpop fan and she'll tweet the celebs she likes and get overly excited and spasm and flail all over the place for days when they tweet her back or some huge exciting news happened like they changed their hair color...Oh so exciting.
And the other listens to Arabic music and actually knows the celebrities because her relatives work with them overseas. And she'll get crazy anytime her favorite singer comes to town and she gets to talk to him at a dinner or see him at a club or he mentions her. Which is understandable if someone you're a huge fan of, who is internationally famous and whose music comes on whenever you're at a party, knows who you are and then asks how you're doing, not because its good manners but because they actually care. Its like if Justin Beiber ended up being the family friend of a twelve year old female fan who had photos of him all over her school books. Yes she would be excited and talk about it for like a month and keep a picture of them together on her cell phone as the back ground wall paper but when actually there talking with them, they'll have the sanity and the curtesy to remember they're just a friend coming to visit and hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment