Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Do You REALLY Live in Beverly Hills?

Last winter I became addicted to the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I'm not really sure why I like it but, I just do. It's over the top, and overly dramatic as most shows on Bravo are; however, I have noticed some definite differences between last season and this season. Although the idea of money was brought up last season I feel that it was done a lot more subtly than it is this season. They people on the show this season seem to be very blunt about the fact that they live in Beverly Hills and they have money and lots of it to spend and blow away. In some ways I wonder if this is do to the fact that the economy has certainly taken a turn for the worst and the network still wants to show that all the characters on the show still have money and they have not been affected by it, even though it's clear that one of the ladies on the show, Kim most definitely has been affected by it. They very rarely show Kim's house this season and when they have shown it, it seems smaller and not a house that you would even see in Beverly Hills. I'm curious to see the reunion episode and hear questions that fans have written in, I'd like to see if any of them comment on the over use of stating that they have money or trying to exude the fact that they do. It actually seems really tacky this season. When the season first started I remember thinking to myself "WOW...they really want their fans to know that they have money this season," I wonder how the fans will take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment