Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm THE fan.

When is a person a part of the fandom society? Can it also be with sports or just musicians and movies? Well i ask myself this because I consider myself a major fan of a soccer team named Manchester Untied from Manchester, England. I love them. I can't really say that I've painted my face or anyhing like that but, I do go to a bar here in Chicago for every match. I don't care if the play at six in the morning (US time), I wake up for every game. I can't miss them. So am I somewhat a bit of a fan that takes it a little too far? Not only can I not miss any games but I've spent money to meet them when they came her over the summer to play the Chicago Fire, and it wasn't cheap, but I had to do it. I have jerseys, scarfs, posters, pins, backgrounds on my phone and computer, a jersey with all the players signatures from this past seasons and soon I will have the team symbol tattooed on my back. I know there are other people that are die hard fans for like the Bears and the Bulls, but when it comes to Manchester United, for me, I will do anything. When is it that fans take it too far? I really want to believe that I'm not like some of the Twilight or Star Wars fans. When I look at my little sister, who is in love with Twilight and Justin Bieber, I ask her why and all she says is because they're awesome. When fans stand outside of movie theaters for days in the freezing cold I automatically think these people are crazy, but I'm not going to lie, I would do the same thing for Man. United. I wouldn't think twice about it. Am I crazy? Maybe. In love? you bet your butt I am. I guess when I support my favorite team and feel a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment rooting them on, so maybe these people that make sure they are at every Twilight or Star Wars event feel the same way. They only thing that I don't do is dress up like them, but if I have the full uniform you better believe that I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment