Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fans Gone To Far?

This week we've been talking about fandom and when I think of crazy fans somehow I think of Twilight fans. I haven't read the books, although I have seen all of the movies ( and I'm still not a fan, I more or less see them just to see them). It never ceases to amaze me though, how crazy girls can get over something. I've never seen crazier fans then the twilight fans, I watched a T.V. special on the fans of Twilight and it was crazy. Some of the girls actually dedicated themselves to finding vampires to fall in love with. What is perhaps even crazier then Lady Gaga fans is these girls actually deface their bodies all for the sake of something that is fictional. Die hard fans of twilight have gotten bite mark tatoos put on their neck with sayings above them such as "bite me" or "insert fangs here" what is going to happen in a few years when Twilight is no longer popular? Or when the girls get older and try to start families of their own, or even more important when they try to get a job. I believe that in our society fandom goes above and beyond and there needs to be a definite line be what is appropriate behavior for how fans should and should not behave, because in the long run the only one that winds up getting hurt are the fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment